Due to growth within the business, we are seeking to engage with a qualified chef who is experienced with working in remote locations and understands the small village camp work environment. Reporting to the Head Chef, you will be responsible for supporting the overall catering operations, ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service at all times.
You will be motivated, passionate and professional. Have great verbal communication skills so you can willingly engage in conversation with the village occupants, coupled with a strong service delivery focus to deliver delicious and appetising meals. With a ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to be flexible on site you thrive on responsibility and are accountable for your results – taking full personal ownership of the role.
- Ensure that the highest achievable quality of work is maintained across all Catering services;
- Catering service operations meet budget constraints and the scope of work;
- Preparing, cooking, and presenting meals, baking of bread and cooking pastries, preparing crib meals, including salads and meats;
- Maintain a high quality of catering service on site ensuring that high standards are met at all times;
- Ensure that Food Safety standards are met at all times in relation to food preparation, cooking, cleaning and sanitising;
- Supervise Utilities or any other kitchen staff as and when required;
- Support the Head Chef in managing stock and ordering supplies;
- Minimise waste, and ensure the correct and timely disposal of all consumable and waste products;
- Participate in the stocktaking process as required; and
- Support the Head Chef with budgets and minimising costs within the department.
To be successful, you will have:
- Trade Certificate in Commercial Cookery;
- Minimum of 3 years industry/ trade experience;
- Demonstrated experience in a FIFO village environment;
- Manual C-Class Drivers Licence;
- National Police Clearance
- A strong commitment to safety and adhering to safe working practices at all time;
- Be reliable, customer service focused and have a high standard of service at all times; and
- Have a positive attitude and able to complete manual handling tasks.
- Food Safety/HACCP knowledge and certification; and
- First Aid Course.
Iconic Catering is committed to creating diverse teams, we strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.