Make this role your own by using innovation and initiative to most effectively and efficiently ensure the site remains compliant but more importantly to lead by example and develop and nurture a site culture of safety awareness and proactivity. This full-time position will be Perth based in our corporate office with 50-60% site travel.
Reporting to the Area Manager, you will be responsible for providing HSE support to the village operations team and leadership group to assist in delivering professional, timely and trusted outcomes to the operations, and ensuring the work is completed to a high standard in regards to all HSE compliance and regulations.
You will be motivated, passionate and professional. Have great verbal communication skills so you can willingly engage in conversation with the teams, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to be flexible to work from Perth/site as required. You thrive on responsibility and are accountable for your results – taking full personal ownership of the role. You lead by example.
- Develop and format high-quality documents, presentation material, training material, and internal and external reports for stakeholders.
- Interpret, advise and apply OHS legislation, Code of practices and relevant Australian Standards to all Iconic Catering activities.
- Participate in the development and review of OHS strategies, policies and procedures that support Iconic Catering HSE objectives.
- Ensure effective use of internal reporting systems
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Federal and State Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Australian Standards.
- Recognise when established policy, procedures and processes are no longer appropriate to new and changing situations and make recommendations to Management for changes to address the ongoing needs of the organisation.
- Conduct risk assessments for all relevant operations.
- Develop SWI, JHA compliance and review chemical risk assessments.
- Assist the business to implement and maintain the HSE System Audit Program.
- Conduct worksite inspections and audits at workplaces at our various village operations.
- Assess Sub Contractor Safety Plans and actively monitor contractor safety performance.
- Develop, maintain and review actions raised from Inspections, Risk Assessments, Incident investigations and Audits.
- Participate in incident reports and investigations and make recommendations on corrective action.
- Maintain the incident database, analyse data and be able to present outcomes.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships across all business departments and regions.
- Act as an effective and innovative employee and demonstrate a commitment to quality services and teamwork.
To be successful you must have:
- 5+ years site based HSE experience in Operations/Mining Industry
- Degree/Diploma WHS/OHS.
- Current Provide First Aid and CPR cert
- Current C Class DL
- 4WD Training cert
- White Card
- Cert IV TAE
- Injury Management
- Strong generalist Work Health & Safety experience and the ability to provide advice to the Iconic Catering Village Managers and employees.
- Thorough working knowledge of OHS and industry best practice, and Work Health & Safety Management Systems ISO 45001, Quality Management Systems ISO 9001, Environmental Management Systems ISO 14001
- Sound knowledge of food safety policies and procedures, adhering to the HACCP methodology framework.
- Experienced in the writing/development of risk assessments (including chemical risk assessments), SWI and JHAs
- Ability to draft and review health & safety documentation, and to monitor/review Iconic practices for compliance with both policies/procedures/guidelines and statutory requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of PPE requirements and compliance in a working environment.
- Strong decision-making skills and an ability to make formal recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively, to influence and to implement change.
- Skilled to investigate, research and analyse information to create policy and/or procedures.
- Able to work with minimum supervision to manage and coordinate own timetable, set priorities and achieve objectives whilst willing to work in a team environment.
- A highly developed sense of personal judgment to undertake this sensitive and specialised work.
- Developed problem-solving, statistical, analytical and administrative skills.
- Accurate record-keeping and reporting skills with advanced computer skills.
- Commitment to innovation OHS management, with a flexible approach to ensure deadlines are met.
Iconic Catering is committed to creating diverse teams, we strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.